- What cookies are and how they are used.
Cookies are strings of text sent by a web server (eg. The site) to the user’s browser, it automatically stored on your computer and automatically sent to the server at each occurrence or later access to the site. By default, most web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies. This website uses or can use, also in combination between them, the following categories of cookies:
- of “session” which are stored on the user’s computer for purely technical and functional requirements, for the transmission of session identifiers required to enable a safe and efficient exploration of the site; they cancel at the end of the “session” (hence the name) with the browser is closed. This type of cookies avoids the use of other techniques potentially prejudicial to the privacy of the users;
- “Persistent” which remain stored on your computer hard drive until their expiry or cancellation of the users / visitors. Through persistent cookie visitors who access the site (or any other users who use the same computer) are automatically recognized at every visit. Persistent cookies fulfill many functions in the interest of navigators (such as the user store and password to facilitate future access, the use of the navigation language). However, persistent cookies can also be used for promotional purposes or, even, for purposes of dubious legality. Visitors can set your computer’s browser so that it accept / reject all cookies or display a warning whenever a cookie is offered, in order to assess whether or not to accept. The user is allowed, however, to change the default configuration (the default) and disable cookies (ie block a final), setting the higher level of protection.
These two types of cookies (session and persistent) can in turn be:
- di “prima parte” quando sono gestiti direttamente dal proprietario e/o responsabile del sito web
- “third party” when cookies are set up and managed by foreign managers to the web site visited by the user.
How they work and how you delete cookies The operating modes and options to limit or block cookies, you can be made by adjusting your Internet browser settings. You can also visit the site, in English, www.aboutcookies.org for information on how to manage / delete cookies according to the type of browser used. To delete cookies from the Internet browser of your smartphone / tablet, you need to refer to the user manual of the device.
- List of the types of cookies that may be present on this Web site
As described under a), cookies can also be in addition to third-party session and persistent. The latter fall under the direct and exclusive responsibility of the same operator, and are divided into the following main categories: Analitycs. Cookies are used to collect and analyze statistical information on accesses / visits to the website. In some cases, combined with other information such as credentials entered for access to restricted areas (your e-mail address and password), you can be used to profile the user (personal habits, sites visited, downloaded content, types made of interactions, etc.). For example, Google Inc. for information aggregate type statistics, useful to evaluate the use of the website and the activities carried out by the visitor, stores the information collected by the cookie on servers that can be located in the USA or in other countries. Google reserves the right to transfer the information produced by its cookies to third parties where required by law or if the third party processes information on its behalf. Google assures not to associate your IP address with any other data held in order to get a more detailed user profile. Learn more about privacy and their use are available directly on the websites of the respective operators. Widgets. Fall into this category all those graphical components of a user interface of a program, that has the purpose to facilitate the user interaction with the program itself. By way of example are widgets from Facebook cookie, Google+, Twitter. Learn more about privacy and their use are available directly on the websites of the respective operators. Advertsing. This category cookies used for advertising within a site. Google, Tradedoubler fall into this category. Learn more about privacy and their use are available directly on the websites of the respective operators. Web beacons. This category snippets of code that allow a website to transfer or collect information through the request for a graphic image. Websites can use them for different purposes, such as the use of website analysis, monitoring and reporting on advertising and personalization of advertising and content.